Can I fill from mountain stream?

Apr 27, 2012
Newbie here, first post.
CYA up to 95, drained about 35%, ready to refill. Can I run a sub/pump and hose from the mtn stream next to my driveway to fill my pool?
Going to them turn the autochlorinater way down/off and use liquid bleach. To all the info I have gotten from all the great posts, a big Thank You. THANK YOU!!!

Burrrrr I would think about putting a sock or something over the inlet part just to help filter a little. It may slow you down but.....I think would be worth it to not get stuff and or things in your pool!

Thanks, Read somewhere about bactaria?? in streams and brooks but there is only a mountain feeding this brook. I guess you know better than anyone.
Been struggling with a bit of a cloudy situation. Alk high, add MA to bring down, then ph down and treat to raise, up goes alk..ugh
Hardness way down, adding calcium but need many lbs. figure if I can get cya norm, then i can tackle the rest. Wife just wants to get someone here, but I know I can lick this with all the info I can get here. Thanks again.

Well you don't hear that question every day! I would say yes, provided there isn't or wasn't mining nearby, or it doesn't contain metals. If not, it might be very nice and soft. However, it will contain micro-bio life forms (algae for one) and I would make sure to stay on top of chlorine extra close.

Welcome to the forum Judge and let us know how things go.

EDIT: Wow, three posting at once. Can you post a full set of numbers? It would be most helpful and the only way we can really help you get on track. You can lick this, and it will be rewarding when you do. With your attitude, there is no need to call anyone. There is far more knowledge here anyway. :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
SUPER GREAT NEWS!!!
First, the stream is on my property, but thanks for the heads up.
CYA-35, chlor high 5+ to kill off any micros, ph 7.5, alk 70, hard 120.
Floc last night to find nice layer to vac to waste. refilling with hose
Pool nice and clear, though a bit chilly but should come up quickly with solar heater.
Best part is wife stoked! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

16x32 IG 18,000 gal
Hayward S-200 high rate sand filter
Hayward 3/4 hp super pump
Hatward CL200 chlorine feeder
200 feet black garden hose homemade solar heater rolled on black plywood fed with sub pump from pool to pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.