new wetedge satin matrix plaster startup - chemical readings

dcar00

Apr 23, 2013
I am starting up a new plaster wetedge satin matrix. 12,500 gallon pool, chlorinator using Trichlor tabs, running filter 24/7. Could use some help from the experts:). filled this last Saturday.

Day 3 readings

Cl 3.0
TA 90
Ph 7.8
CYA 0
CH 60

I suppose I need to add Hardness Up and wait a day and then add stabilizer for CYA. should I add a little acid to keep the PH down?

Any other suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

Re: new wetedge satin matrix plaster startup - chemical read

Thanks jblizzle. I am going to try the BBB method once I get things going. My CYA with the old white plaster was fine with the pucks but I want to see if I can do BBB.

can I put in CYA with the hardness up? since my TA/Ph/Cl was OK the pool store said do the hardness up first to get to 180ppm then come in with CYA after a day.

question, some of the start ups said no chlorine for first 4 days for pebble type plaster. i did put some in on day 2 I hope I didn't cause an issue there. have you heard of any issues with that?

Thanks again.

Re: new wetedge satin matrix plaster startup - chemical read

Personally, I do not know much about start-ups. But there are a lot of threads that discuss them.

You can add the CYA in a sock hanging in front of the return jet while you are adding hardness.

You will need to keep a close eye on the pH as it is going to want to rise quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.