Changing Pool Light Housing

Jan 9, 2013
Atlanta, GA
We just moved in and I have been working on fixing up our first pool. I noticed the light in the pool didn't work so I thought it would be an easy fix to change it. Turns out it was full of water and there was no bulb (Also looked like something died in it).

So I am guess I need to replace the whole housing. I cant find this same one, so what would be a good replacement? Also do I just unscrew the cord and install a new fixture, or do I have to drain the pool some and replace it inside the pool wall?

Here is some pictures http://imgur.com/a/zSTto .

Thanks.

I think you will find the cord will not unscrew. Typically the crod and te light housing are one complete set. You should be able to purchase a new buld, put a new seal (gasket) in the fixture and then put the fixture back in your pool.

If you cannot reuse the fixture, the new one will come with a cord and you will have to pullout the old cord and fixture and then fish the new cord back up to the junction box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.