Intex SWG FC question

May 16, 2013
Janesville WI
Just looking through the Intex SWG manual and it states to keep the FC at 0.4-1.5ppm. I am a little confused because I was under the impression that I wanted FC closer to 3? My FC is right on (0.4-1.5ppm) and my PH is right around 7.5, pool is crystal clear. I run the SWG 4 hours a day and the sand pump for 6. I am hesitant to add bleach and try to raise the FC cause my pool is looking so good?

There are various systems of pool care. The Intex way of doing things is not compatible with our way of doing things. We have specifically chosen an approach that will give you the most reliable results for the least effort. Intex either hasn't thought things through or doesn't seem to mind if you get algae a couple of times a year.

You might need to run the SWG a little more each day, or more likely you need to increase your CYA level. We recommend CYA between 70 and 80 with a SWG. If you post a complete set of water test results we can give you more specific advice.

What is your CYA?

It's your pool, so you're free to do whatever you want. It may be clear now, but will it stay that way over the long haul?
Keep in mind that the recommendations you find here are derived from real world experiences that will keep your pool clear and trouble free.

I wouldn't raise the FC with bleach, I'd just add a little run time to the swg and let it bring it up.

Thanks for all the responses and I am well aware that the Intex way of doing things are not probably tailored to real world results. I am going to crank up the SWG and see what the FC level will be with a run time increasing by an hour each two days or so. I will try to post a full set of results soon. I think my chlorine is being depleted as fast as the SWG can produce it.

Your Chlorine is depleting so fast probably because of your CYA level being to low. I was adding a gallon of bleach pretty much daily to keep any chlorine in mine until I got my CYA level up there it is kinda like a sun block for your chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.