Air when Vacuuming

88mmm

Oct 17, 2012
I have what seams to be a strange problem. When I go to Vacuum the pool I get air in the pump basket. This does not occur when I run the pool on the skimmer only position? It happens when I use the manual vac or the Creepy Krawly so unless I have holes in all of my hoses there is no way for air to get in? Any thoughts on why this may be happening?

That's what I assumed but it seams strange that my brand new 45' hose and the new suction cleaner hoses have holes. They are both fresh out of the box. I guess I just have bad luck or there is something else going on.

As far as the floating hoses for manual vacuuming, my experience is: they ALL leak. If it still gets the job done, don't worry about it. I am one of the few that still sticks to manual vacuuming--I don't own a cleaner.

Durk said:
As far as the floating hoses for manual vacuuming, my experience is: they ALL leak. If it still gets the job done, don't worry about it. I am one of the few that still sticks to manual vacuuming--I don't own a cleaner.

Very true.
My Navigators hose has three or four lengths on the surface and I get numerous small bubbles in the pump window.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.