Zodiac Baracuda G3 not moving

Jun 10, 2013
Hey everyone, I am new to this site so bare with me if I do something wrong.

I have a Zodiac Baracuda G3 and it is not moving. I have cleaned my skimmer baskets and cleaned my filters. It seems to have good suction without the G3 on the hose itself. It also seems like it has good suction when I have the hose connected to the G3 but without the Main body and finned disc. What are the common replacement parts for this cleaner? Where should the hose weight be positioned? Below I listed my equipment.

In-Ground 15k Gal, Jandy CV580 Filter, Jandy Stealth SHPM2.5-2 (Filter Pump), Jandy Stealth SHPF1.5-2 (Booster Pump), Jandy LXi Heater, UltraPure Automatic Water Cleaners, Pentair Model 320 Automatic Chlorine/Bromine In-Line Feeder, Zodiac Baracuda G3

I have to partially close the return on the skimmer that's not connected to the vacuum for mine to work. In other words, when the Baracuda is connected to skimmer "A" I have to partially close the plate on skimmer "B". I connect the vacuum and then close the plate on the other skimmer only enough to make the vacuum work so the second skimmer is still working somewhat and it allows water to continue to flow through the pump (at a lower rate but at least some) if the vacuum gets obstructed somehow.

Thanks macgulley. I didn't do that but I got it to start working after I took it apart and hosed it down. But sometimes it stops. Still trying to figure out why it stops every now and then. I have to pick it up and move it a little for it to start going again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.