SWG vs Bleach

Jun 2, 2013
Hey Guys...

I finally have great #'s for my AG pool. I am losing a little chlorine every day (having to add about 3 cups of bleach in the afternoon) but have not gotten below 2, PH has been 7.6 consistently, TA is 160-170 (I know that's a little high but I checked my water which I filled the pool up with and it was around 200) CH is 190, CYA is 45. My pool is crystal clear...

I just received the Intex Krystal Clear SWG and it does have the copper ions. I have read a lot on this forum about SWG and I'm not sure I want to use it now :? I feel like I would be starting all over again with getting the water balanced and I'm not sure if I should do that? I would have to fix the TA level and add CYA.

I know that the SWG would save me from having to buy and add bleach everyday but if that's the only reason to use the SWG then I don't think it's worth it?
Any suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this whole pool maintenance thing... :)

I have the intex swg and really like it. In particular, it allows me to go on short vacations and know the pool is getting chlorine.

With that said, you sound very satisfied with your current approach, then there is no reason to change imo. Both means of getting chlorine into the pool work, but getting a swg "tuned" does take a little experimenting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.