Going to take months to get balanced?

dbh369

May 26, 2013
On the last comment, I have fill water at pH 8.5 and TA ~250 !!!. (Coming from a well, and I tested our tap water, but I'll confirm on fill). Just using some rough rules of thumb, I'm guessing that to get to what I need, I'm going to be putting 10s of gallons of muriatic in the pool? And If I drop to 7.0 then aerate, thats going to take on the order of months to get balanced? Can this be right? And is there a faster way? I'll be doing this all summer...and get it done just in time to winterize...

Re: adjusting ph and ta

dbh369 said:
On the last comment, I have fill water at pH 8.5 and TA ~250 !!!. (Coming from a well, and I tested our tap water, but I'll confirm on fill). Just using some rough rules of thumb, I'm guessing that to get to what I need, I'm going to be putting 10s of gallons of muriatic in the pool? And If I drop to 7.0 then aerate, thats going to take on the order of months to get balanced? Can this be right? And is there a faster way? I'll be doing this all summer...and get it done just in time to winterize...
Build an aerator. You can raise pH from 7.2 to 7.8 in a matter of hours. Then knock pH and TA down with acid and repeat.
www.troublefreepool.com&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=S2W2Uda8LIG2iwL4lYDQBg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=930&bih=617]A few images.[/url]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.