Getting a "Hot" reading when the water is not hot.

Jun 10, 2013
I am getting a "hot" readout on my Goldline control system but the water temperature is 82 degrees F. I dumped a bunch of water and I started getting a salt reading and the pool cleared up. But after about a week the "hot" readout is back and the pool is algeaing up again. I would not think 82F is too hot for the system to operate. What's the problem??

Thanks for the response. The connections seem fine. How difficult is it to change out the sensor? Does it require replacing the entire cell? Is it something I can do or do I need a pool professional?

I believe you need to replace the cell, which is fairly simple. With everything turned off, the old cell gets unplugged from the control box, and then you unscrew the unions at either end. Then you install the new one by tightening the unions at either end and plugging the new cell into the control box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.