Unexpected guests

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
I had a couple of unexpected guests today that wanted to swim and I couldn't tell them no.

ducks1.jpg

ducks2.jpg

I had some friends who had a pair of ducks, swimming on their winter cover, one spring. When they went to take the cover off, several weeks later, they had thousands of minnows swimming on their cover! It turns out, ducks carry fish eggs in their feathers! Who knew?

Thanks Glock! My install starts Friday! My pool is actually a Craigslist find. I paid $100 bucks for it and the wall and everything looks like brand new. My excavator starts digging Friday morning and I am doing the rest. Wish me luck! We bought the same Doughboy liner you have. I love the way it looks! I have read through your build about 12 times! I plan to post plenty of pictures. I want to document my decent into madness! LOL!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well they came back this AM. I read online they mate for life and if they nest close by they will bring there chicks here and if they imprint on the pool I could have a whole flock within a season or 2. One person posted that firecrackers will scare them off. I don't have any but I reload ammunition so I have a couple of 9mm rounds that are just the primers in the brass, no bullet or powder so they sound like a really loud firecracker. I am contemplating popping them to scare them off but I went outside and the ducks just sit there and quack which makes me feel bad for wanting to run them off. Will they damage the pool or cause any harm other than using it for a port-a-potty?

My labs would go completely crazy. I do have a few ducks that live close by and about 50 or so Mexican whistler s that fly over my house every day. I'm waiting for them to land in our pool.

OAN, I see your post cap is a solar light type. Is that the type from Home Depot. The $5 ones? If so how you like them.

techguy said:
I have two of the Home Depot solar caps I installed last year. One was working last night. They do not make much light.

I think the other is in the shade too much or is no longer working.

Kinda what I read about them also. I would just use them for accent lighting on my catwalk and dock. Was thinking of running low voltage stair lights also.

Thanks

Sorry, just noticed the question about the lights. That was my wifes idea. The stairs are temporary. I built them. We are actually waiting on a guy to come give us a quote on a mini deck. Those lights suck. Only $5.00 each but that is $5.01 more than they are worth.

When the deck is complete I have a 12v - 26 light transformer w/timer and wiring that I will be using to install proper lighting. Buy once, cry once. Do it right the first time. I did not want these crappy lights but my wife insisted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.