OK, I am new and just learning.
My pool heated up on me after opening faster than anticipated, and I let my water get green! On Friday 5/23 I brought to pool up to shock level (12-15), and watching it daily keeping it at that level till Saturday 5/31 using regular 6% Bleach. I brushed it everywhere at least every other day. It got quite a bit better, and I thought it was good. I could clearly see the bottom of the 3.5 foot and could see 6 feet or so in the 8.5 area. I let the shock come down this weekend so we could swim. It is still not terrible green, but it is definately not CLEAR water. I have friends with pools, and everyone is telling me to go to the dark side, and add algecide. Here are my numbers. Do I just need to keep at shock level and continue to be patient?
FC - 7 (still coming down from shock level)
TC - 7
PH - 7.2+ (getting used to reading this!)
TA - 70 (was at 60 and have slowly brought this up over the last week)
CYA - OK, for the first 4-5 days at Shock this was 0, I added Stabalizer when I first started to try to clear the water, Last test was 3 days ago and it is up in the 60-70 range now, with some CYA still disolving in a sock.
I have a SWG that has been running during this entire process. My pump has been on high for this entire process and I have backflushed 7-10 times. Thanks for your help, I will try to add a picture tonight as well.