HELP !!!! Pool is awful

Jun 10, 2013
We are going to open our pool after a mission trip in the middle of July. It is an above ground pool and the cover blew off so lots of strange things are in there. The water is green and clumpy and tadpoles are in it. I have a sand filter which I will hook up and then I will fill the pool to the top. What do you do next or will I have to empty it and scrub the sides and start all over?

Thank

TJ

Welcome! :wave:

We need some facts. If it's not too big of a pool, draining and scrubbing might be the fastest, easiest way. The bad part is that you can't empty a vinyl-liner pool 100% without risking damage to the liner.

Drain or treat - either way you'll need your own test kit. You can order that now; very few pool stores will stock what you want and will sell you an inferior, incomplete kit.

Start reading Pool School - link is on top of every page.
Some inspiration:
a-little-encouragement-for-those-with-algae-and-new-to-bbb-t57137.html
frog-filled-green-swamp-to-oasis-work-in-progress-t48213-20.html be sure to look at page 2
before-and-after-t36785.html
a-final-picture-set-of-how-well-the-bbb-method-works-t33199.html

- read pool school
- get a proper drop based test kit

Maintaining a pool is not hard but you need to develop the knowledge required as well as possess the proper tools (ie: test kit, and not test strips) to do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.