Pool Ladder Question

First posting here and really impressed with the site. I ordered a test kit this morning and looking forward to learning how to really care for the pool myself this year.

I have an in ground pool with a vinyl liner. I had a new liner installed last week and am concerned about the side ladder putting too much pressure on the liner. The 3 step stainless steel ladder was cemented into the pool deck before I moved in so it was sawed off flush with the pool deck when it was winterized last fall in order to fully cover the pool. To re-install it I inserted 1 3/4" pvc pipe into the deck and ladder. I realize this isn't a text book fix for the issue but the cost of having contractors perform a professional repair/ re-install isn't viable for me at this time.

The reason for this posting is to ask if the fact that the lowermost part of the ladder (inside the pool) can damage the vinyl linerr when it presses against the pool wall? Without a load on the ladder it sits approximately 3/4" from the pool wall but when you climb the ladder the plastic end caps bear against the vinyl liner / pool wall. Trying to find out if I have reason to be concerned or is this the way this type of side ladder is designed and can damage the liner long term?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.