Dolphin Supreme M3 Issues

Jun 4, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Hello all,

I found this site after 2 years of frustration dealing with pool stores and trying to maintain my first pool. After getting a proper test kit, educating myself using the invaluable Pool School info and putting it into action, my pool is looking better than ever. I really appreciate all of the information assembled here. Now for my question..

I purchased a Dolphin M3 cleaner at the beginning of the pool season and have been mostly pleased after constant headaches with a suction cleaner and no dedicated port for it. The problem is if I skip more than 1 day without putting the cleaner in the pool, it doesn't want to start moving around. The robot pump turns on and causes water to circulate through the cleaner, but the actual unit won't start moving around the pool. Sometimes I'm able to cure this by just waiting a good 15 minutes, sometimes I have to turn off/unplug the unit and try again awhile later and other times I have to actually remove the cover from the electronics and unplug the power from the control board and then reassemble it.

FAQ information and procedures are sorely lacking for this unit and I can't figure out what the deal is. Am I just not waiting long enough and the robot is scanning the pool before starting, or is something else going on? Dolphin customer service has been next to useless.

Any help is appreciated.

-Brandon

Hopefully the OP has his problem solved by now being the original post is 3 months old. Anyway the M3 is covered by a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. According to Maytronics the dealer is supposed to be able to fix it within 20 minutes at his location.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.