New Pool - Just a few questions...

We are having our pool installed this coming weekend. The electrician will install the electrical the following Monday. We have decided to start off using the BBB method. I just ordered the TF-100 test kit and will have it before I have my pool lol. We are pretty jazzed about the pool and want to get in it as soon as we can. Here are my questions...

1. What supplies should I buy now to have on hand so I'm ready to go?

2. How soon can we get in the water? We've had a couple of delays getting it installed and are excited to get in!

3. How long should we run the pump? I know it'll be different for different pools and conditions but on average what are we looking at?

Welcome! :wave:

Congratulations on doing things the right way - test kit before things go out of whack.

When your test kit arrives, test the fill water. Then you'll know if you're likely to need acid, borax, or baking soda. Bleach is a certainty, so is stabilizer. You can get a rough idea of what you'll need by calculating the pool volume and plugging things in to pool calculator.

It's the same water you bathe in, so you could jump in while it's filling without any real health risk. However, extended swimming underwater with the pH out of whack will make your eyes burn. I'd adjust pH and get some chlorine in there quick.

Have you studied pool school? You'll find the answers to most everything hidden in there somewhere.

Received my TF-100 kit today. Still no pool but I tested my water to get a feel for it. Here are the results.
FC 2.5
CC .50
TC 3
CH 160 was really pink. Should have kept going but didn't know how red the test meant lol. I know to keep going when I do it again. Started turning pink with 11 drops.
pH 7.5
Seems pretty straight forward and easy to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

derekyork said:
Received my TF-100 kit today. Still no pool but I tested my water to get a feel for it. Here are the results.
FC 2.5
CC .50
TC 3
CH 160 was really pink. Should have kept going but didn't know how red the test meant lol. I know to keep going when I do it again. Started turning pink with 11 drops.
pH 7.5
Seems pretty straight forward and easy to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
It will go green to grey to pinkish to pale pink and probably to Barbie pink. That's what they mean by red. Count drops until it stops changing shades of pink, then deduct the last one that didn't do anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.