Where to buy salt

SWG typically does not really care what type of NaCl you use. It's just that you will have a lot of unneeded junk in your water if you use lower grades. So unless it has some really wierd additives which could behave unpredictably during electrolysis - any NaCl is ok as far as SWG is concerned.

Just another person weighing in on using the blue bags from Lowes.

I was surprised at how much I had to add this spring (last spring was the initial salt add). Must have been 4-5 bags. But the salt strips don't lie and the amount added agreed with the display on the controller.

My local pool store sells pool salt for $12 for a 50 lb bag. Lowe's sells it for $4 for a 40 lb bag (also "pool salt"). The stuff from Lowes is bigger (more like rock salt) and takes a bit longer to dissolve, but it still dissolved pretty fast (it's nothing like CYA...)

Pretty much any pure NaCl will work.

I want a bottom brain!

imalittleturt said:
I have an above ground pool without a bottom brain. I used the blue solar salt from lowes and dumped a bag around the edges. Brushed as I walked around the pool with the filter running. Came back in 15 minutes.......

I don't want one of those! Given the option, I would definitely get an above ground pool WITH a bottom brain! :lol: I wonder what it would think about all day......... :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.