Pentair ScreenLogic Question

Otis Campbell

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 5, 2013
Lewisville, TX
About to get our build underway (new-pool-construction-lewisville-tx-dallas-area-t61141.html if you are interested). I have a question about ScreenLogic. Can I access the system remotely via my laptop? I'm finding lots of information about the Apple devices, which is great, but I don't have an iPhone.

So what I want to get out of this is the ability to see what's going on with the pool while I'm at the office and correct it if possible. My wife is a very smart person but technology is not one of her strengths. So if there's an issue (I've never owned a pool so I don't know what that might be but I'm just anticipating) I want to be able handle it from the office without the "What does that screen say? OK do you see an option for 'blank'?" We have those conversations enough about A/V equipment and neither one of us enjoy them.

Thanks

I recently had a Pentain system installed, I was looking up info on this over the weekend, you will need to get an interface adapter, and load some software, if you want to run over wireless you will need another adapter, looks like about $500 for all, then there is some software I think you need to download, not sure you want to do that on work computer, not sure if they have a hosted solution. let me know what else you find

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-owner/p ... ms-418.htm

also, perhaps you could get a simple Apple iTouch to run it, from the app i dl this weekend, it looks like you can connect remotely or locally.

PDF sheet, Apple device (APP) or via Windows or Mac machine

disclaimer- None of this should be construed as IT advice, I only sell software and hardware, I rely on my sales engineer for techy stuff

Hi Otis,
The short answer is yes. If you go to Pentair's web site, you can download the app for your laptop. It's configured to talk to a demo pool so you can see what it looks like and what it can do.
To make it work for real, you'll need an EasyTouch or Intellitouch controller and the iPhone/iPadTouchInterfaceKit (P/N520500). You don't need the wireless kit unless it's inconvenient to run 4 wires from your controller to the interface which you'll want inside. If you already have a control panel in the house you can piggy back on to that. You plug the interface into your existing internet connection and you're all set. For remote access you'll have a name like Pentair: 00-xx-xx (xx is based on your serial #) and a password.

Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.