Seeking opinions on bull grill

A friend has a Bull (not the model above) and really likes it. I bought the 32" Blaze and we decided it's the same grill with a different badge.

PS
The BTU's of the Costco model looks low to me for a 5 burner.
Heat Output: 15,000 British Thermal Unit

I have the Bull four burner built-in model that came with a rotisserie unit. It's built well and I like it. But my old Weber Genesis portable gas grill was way better. It could get much hotter in a shorter time. And the rotisserie unit does not seem to get hot enough. I never use it.

Rottiserie cooking does take a while cooking in lower heat though, but yields great results. Is it just the back burner for rotisserie that doesn't get hot enough or it's too high and even if bottom burners are on it doesn't cook the food?

antoniosp said:
Rottiserie cooking does take a while cooking in lower heat though, but yields great results. Is it just the back burner for rotisserie that doesn't get hot enough or it's too high and even if bottom burners are on it doesn't cook the food?

The instructions for my unit say NOT to use any of the main burners when using the rottiserie burner.

antoniosp wrote:

Rotisseries on grills are always going to be a slow cooking process. The design of every grill is not to maximize the heat to cook chicken or what not on the rotisserie it is to maximize heat through the grill for an even cook wither it being the front or rear...it is to be all the same . That is why that make actual appliances that are designed for that. With a BBQ grill you have to have the hood open to use it and will lose a lot of radiant heat. The best way that I have found was to change 2 of my main burners to sear burners (center 2) to allow me the ability to us the rot here or there.

*shameless plug*
You might want to think about a Cal Flame grill. They just released it a few months ago. It like the blaze or bull, I personally like the free attachments that they are giving a smoker box, hibachi plate, rotisserie and a cover. Of course I'm sure I am basis because this is what I have in my backyard. :goodjob: Edit

I just finished my new outdoor kitchen with all Bull equipment. I bought the biggest one, "Brahma" I think. I went with Bull for the price and have not been disappointed. I have used the grill a bunch and a sideburner and they work great. All the doors etc are nice and installed perfectly. I checked out the Costco version "Urban Island" or something. Found that they are thinner steel with an inferior warranty so I didn't go there. Bought all my stuff from Grills Direct aka Hayneedle as they seemed to have the best prices. Hope this helps!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Grill from sam's club is kitchenaid. Here are full specs:
•445 stainless steel double layer split lid
•Stainless steel wrapped cooking grid
•Total 91,000 BTU heats up 1057 sq.in. grilling surface
•16,000 BTU ceramic infrared searing main burner in second chamber
•13,000 BTU ceramic rotisserie burner in main chamber
•12,000 BTU side burner
•Pull out tank tray
•Rotisserie kit and motor included
•Dual energy valve able to convert from liquid propane to natural gas
•Grill cover included

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.