Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hello
As of recently, my Hayward navigator pro is acting strangely. I have taken it apart, replaced a set of worn out bearings, and all components look to be in fine working order. The cleaner
1) Climbs walls, and then gets stuck at the top of a step or the deep end bench (see pic)
2) As it reaches the far away corners, it gets stuck because the hose is stuck on a loop (see pic).

I know it's supposed to spin to one side after X minutes (i cant remember), but it appears to not be doing that. The inside gears look fine.
What else can I look at?

Thank you

reposting to get help.

Based on what I stated below, what is "better" one long hose of 25 feet or so? Or is it better to have individual hose segments?

thank you Familyguy for replying.

anyone else? Please? I see my filter pressure at 5, which seems low, right? In the past i've seen it hover around 15-20, so maybe may low pressure = low suction and thus the behavior of my navigator???

ok, that's a new one. I always thought that the more pressure, the faster the gearbox spins, and thus climbing, etc. I will try this.

thank you

I think i can help here. There is a small blue thing that you can turn with a screwdriver (Otherwise known as the rear flap adjuster) Towards the back right of the unit. See what this is set at. If you turn it to I then the pool cleaner will not climb and get stuck like that. At II it will climb a little bit but most likely fall off once it gets up about halfway. You should also check the gearbox and the gears that turn the spindle on top of the cleaner that the hose connects to. Some of those may be bad. Also check that you are getting the correct amount of suction to the cleaner. The pressure shouldn't matter, in fact the lower the pressure the more water should be flowing unless there is a problem with the pump or your gauge is broken.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.