Intex Ultra Wall Fitting ?

UF2052

Jun 1, 2013
Mid-Mi
As I am getting closer to setting up our new Ultra Frame 20'x52", I opened the sand/pump box up to check it out a little (first sand filter). In there was another small box containing the 2 through wall fittings/valves. Inside there was a piece of paper with some additional info (warning) stating that the suction fitting is only rated up to 2160g/hr (36g/min), and to REPLACE WITHIN 1yr of installed year!!!????

The fittings are only good for 1 year??? What the heck is this about? Has anyone else seen this? Even on the fitting it states to replace within 1 yr!

And as for the g/hr rating, I was thinking about upgrading the 1600g/hr sand filter to the 2650 g/hr model eventually, but it sounds like I will need different fittings if I do!

As for the fittings, I have thought about going the pvc pipe route, so if I decide to, what wall fittings will work then?

I am not sure about cutting the pool for a true skimmer, so any thoughts on the pvc route without the through wall skimmer would be great! Now I do have a crazy idea of MAYBE mounting a widemouth skimmer to the frame just inside the pool next to the ladder and then piping it into a wall fitting! May not be "normal", but not much swimming goes on next to the ladder anyway. We had a "Bubble Gum" Intex 18'x48" (Easy Set) w/ the skimmer set up, so we are used to something inside the pool by the ladder.

TY for the help!
Chris

I had the same "warning" with my new Ultra Frame and I pretty much just ignored it. For now. I'll deal with any problems later, or by then I will have gotten rid of the plunger valves in favor of PVC. There are several threads on this forum regarding that setup. After having no valves of any kind on my old Intex, I rather like the plunger valves, although others here look down their noses at them. When I go to a more powerful pump (1 hp Hayward), I may have to get rid of them too.

I just set up a brand new 18x52 Ultra Frame. There were no such warnings with the valves nor have I ever heard of such a thing with any Intex valve. Because my pool is new I got the new style valves that have a dial on top that you turn to open/close. I had the old style plunger valves on my last Intex pool and they didn't have a warning either.

I too had planned to upgrade to the 2650 sand filter and not use the 1600 that came with the pool. However, the 1600 is much stronger than I had imagined so I am going to keep it. It seems that Intex also improved this filter as well. It literally shoots the water half way across the pool when the jet is uncovered. It also is strong enough to make my pool water rotate in a circle when it runs.

After about 10 days of going without, I can see that a thru wall skimmer is almost a necessity. My kids will totally destroy the wall mounted skimmer if I leave it there, so it's often off the pool. The result is a pool with a constantly dirty bottom from the debris sinking.

There are plenty of threads here about hard piping so I'm sure you'll get the info you're looking for shortly.

Good luck with your new pool!

Livinright, our old 18' easy set never had any crazy warning with it either (old style valves), that's why I was a little suprised to see the "note" in the box with the new pools valves/ wall fittings (new style valves like you described).

Still scratching my head over it in suprise.

Ty for the feedback on the 1600 pump! One thought I have in possibly wanting/ needing the larger pump is setting up a solar heater for the pool. Not sure if the stock would be strong enough at that point. But that is down the road a little!

As for hard plumbing, I have seen a couple threads adapting the Intex wall fittings to pvc, but haven't come across a thread yet in which the wall fittings were replaced except for an in wall skimmer. May have missed it though!

CeeElGee, Glad to know I am not the only one who has seen that "note"! Lol

See your from BC!!! I'm a little east of Lansing

TY for the replies! And the encouragement! Rain today kept any progress from happening tomarrow as I help a few neighbors out by keeping the grass at a respectable height, and couldn't do that today as I hoped!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.