Opening pool again

G

Used BBB to clear my pool the first year I bought my house, worked great. Next summer due to various reasons, could not open pool, cover fell in, swamp. Left it that way over the winter, reopening.

Tested pH when I started, was 8.2 or higher, at least it seemed to match the 8.2 color. Added the recommended acid by the calculator. Instead of waiting and testing again to make sure it was now corrected, I started shocking. I know that it will read high while shocking so I have no way to confirm it now but I was thinking.

Question 1: What if I took some water out and let it sit in the sun and verified it has 0 FC after a day or so and then tested the PH of that water? Could I use that to see if it needs more adjusting?

Question 2: Does liquid acid become weaker over time if the seal on the bottle is not broken?

Burnsy said:
Question 1: What if I took some water out and let it sit in the sun and verified it has 0 FC after a day or so and then tested the PH of that water? Could I use that to see if it needs more adjusting?

Question 2: Does liquid acid become weaker over time if the seal on the bottle is not broken?
#1: No. You need the water to be well mixed before testing and the bucket stuff wouldn;t be.
#2 Acid keeps for a long, long time. Years.

If, between bleach additions, you test and FC dropped below 10, you could measure pH and fix it then. Otherwise, wait until it's finished with the shock process and correct it then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.