Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have been buying the AquaMate brand of CYA (supposedly 100%) for 5 years. Every year it is a struggle to get my CYA up. I add more and more but the CYA barely moves. By the end of the summer it is maybe 50. When the cover comes off, it's back to virtually zero. I was convinced that I had that CYA eating bacteria. I was just about to buy an ammonia test when I read on here that some people have had trouble with certain brands.

So, I bought some HTH CYA, put in 4 lbs per pool calculator and VOILA! I'm at 60! The 4 lbs bottle was a dollar more at WalMart than the other stuff, but I don't have to put in 3 bottles.

So happy. :) I'm thinking there's a good chance it will disappear over the winter again, but that's ok if I can get it back up in the spring.

Thanks for the post, That is good to know, as it sounds like Aquamate has been forgetting to put the CY in the A bottle before shipping it out. :mrgreen:

Must be a big relief not to have a weird and uncommon problem. :party:

Always used HTH since it is what I find at the stores I go too. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.