How often is everyone vac'ing their pools

May 24, 2013
Arizona
I'm reconsidering putting in a thru the wall skimmer so I can use my auto vac in all honesty for my situation it may be overkill. I get no leaves no bugs live in az so my problem is small places of sand.
I'm thinking of getting a pool blaster catfish or max I'm going to try to post a link to photos of water so u can see it has nothing and I've had up two SMS and haven't vacummed once because my pump was being repaired. Has anyone used one of these pool blasters and what do u think of them it seems overkill to cut my pool when I have maybe five bugs floating in my pool in a 24 hr period and maybe three small spots of little sized areas if sand
Well complete tech bonehead I have no idea how to get a link to paste here on down below to add from photo bucket. Need my ten yr old son who's away to teach me
Anyway nothing on bottom but lol sand

I live in Socal.. and pretty much get no leaves and mainly bees. I brush and manually vac once a week... twice if I'm having a bbq. I also have an MX8, but since I don't leave it in the pool, it seems easier to just manually vac.

I bought the catfish and frankly wish I had saved my money. It works, but it's slow and the battery cover is really difficult to open/close. The battery cover also acts as the on/off switch so you have to turn it at least twice each time you use it (once on and once off). For us, it takes one person to hold it and one to turn it. I put in a thru the wall skimmer and now I can vacuum by myself. Yes, I have to get the hose, etc., but I can do it alone and don't have to wait for someone else to help me. I spent about 30 minutes trying to vacuum some dirt with the catfish and couldn't tell I had even been near the pool so I gave up. In just a few minutes with the vacuum hose, most of the dirt was gone.

However, I have a friend with an inground pool who uses the catfish for small cleanups on the pool steps and things like that. She loves it. Of course, her husband is strong and doesn't need help with it. She didn't even know it was difficult to open/close because he takes care of it and has never mentioned it. So if you are strong, or will have someone to help/do it for you, or only want to use it for small bits of dirt or leaves once in awhile, you will probably love it. Just don't count on it to vacuum up a lot of stuff because it will take a really long time.

Thanks for all the input im gonna give it some more thought just theres nothing to skim ans maybe three lil spots of sand going on week three and its never been vac its crystal clear just hate to install all this ex stuff not to mention cut the pool for three lil spots of sand every two weeks you know

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.