Hello for SC

Jun 7, 2013
We are about to start a semi DIY IG 18x36 Roman build. I say semi becuase I dont plan to do much of the work but sub everything out to the appropriate trades. I have located 2 pool diggers, 4 installers, and concrete guys are everyhwere. The installers are a little hard to get moving. I imagine because one they are swampped with work and two Im a one time customer.

I was able to get a few wholesale accounts around town and on the net using my background as a homebuilder and associated licenses. I had a few PBs come around and quote what we are after. They all averaged $29k, not including the retaining wall we have to build. I'm thinking Ill be done at around $17.5. Pretty good savings.

Plans are to have the Hayward Aqua Plus SWG and panel with an EcoStar VS pump. Ordered the pump today from poolcleaningparts.com for $899. (hopefully I can get it in time to take advantage of the $50 rebate.) Found the Pentair Legend II cleaner at INYOPools.com for $399 with $100 rebate. Ill prpbably order that. I had considered the Platinum with booster pump but figured I'd give the Legend II a try since its so much less and the pump should have plenty of power. Ill preplumb for the booster. 4 deck jets and 2 LED lights and some other stuff will complete the install.

Figure Ill run 2.5in pipe to the suction lines since the pump will accept it and 2 in to the returns.

Learned a lot here but as this is my first pool I imagine Ill learn a lot more in the near future.

If anyone has a recommendation of an installer in the upstate SC area Id be glad to talk to them.