Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Viper Cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Viper Cleaner

Once my vaccum is in the deep end it is not able to climb up to the shallow end - it would spend all day in the deep if I do not manually pull it to the shallow area - even when I do that it tends to find it's way right back down to deep area - Is this normal????
    IG built in 2007 - Gunite/ Plaster - Lake shape -29,000 Gallons w/ 8' spill over spa (raised)
    SWG - Hayward / Aquarite T-15 cell - Goldline/ Smart Controls (remote)
    AquaComfort Heat Pump (1500A) -Smart Quad Cartridge Filter
    Hayward Northstar filter pump (2HP) -Hayward Booster Pump (.75HP) -Hayward Super II Pump (1.5HP)
    Hayward Viper Auto Cleaner - Fiberoptic laminar patio fountains (3) -Located in New England with full sun

2. Back To Top    #2
    I've never been around your model cleaner, but in general terms, here are the things to do when a cleaner won't go where you want: Add, subtract or move weights. Add or subtract floats. Add or subtract hose sections. Direct returns to the surface to keep them from steering the cleaner. Calling Hayward tech support will probably be helpful.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat