Venting Stenner pump tank without significant evaporation

beezar

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2010
Houston, TX
Ok, so I've got this Stenner pump which is pumping bleach into a spa. The tank has a lip on the top (see picture) surface underneath the pump which accumulates water when it rains, so I sealed the drainage hole from the pump into the tank with caulk.

But when I did that, the tank could not vent any air and tank would bulge until it leaked bleach everywhere out through the cap onto the top surface. To fix that problem, I drilled a small hole in the side of the tank, but I think there might be a lot of bleach evaporating through that hole (it gets easily in to the mid-90's now here in Texas...)

So my question is how can I properly vent the tank without losing much bleach through evaporation? Thanks.

20130609_111319.jpg

Re: Venting Stenner pump tank without significant evaporatio

Assuming you made a small hole, evaporation is not an issue. It will evaporate to some extent, but so little that it really doesn't make any difference.

Re: Venting Stenner pump tank without significant evaporatio

JasonLion said:
Assuming you made a small hole, evaporation is not an issue. It will evaporate to some extent, but so little that it really doesn't make any difference.

Wow, you replied faster than I was able to figure out how to embed the image correctly into my post. So, would you consider a 1/4" diameter hole not too big? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.