summer escape and intex cartridges

May 24, 2013
Arizona
I just realized i bought ntex size b,but says summer escapes on the pkg are they interchangeable. These also have a special basket on the inside to hold chlorine tablets. Im using the bbb method, got the tf100 kit i was doing great now im confused numbers all over the place. Are the size b cartridges the same and if so can place a tablet in the intex 2500 gph system?might help get my fc stabilized.
Thanks

If the part number on the endcap of the cartridge is 59905E, then you have the right one.

May I suggest for your next filter cartridge purchase you try a Unicel 5315? Much better filter material, thicker and works much better than the Intex filters. A few $$ more, but worth it.

By basket, are you referring to the tube with the holes in it down the center of the filter?

No I don't have a way offhand to attach an auto vac. Since my pool is only a 15' round, I manually vacuum mine.

However, I do use the (cheap Intex) skimmer connection inside the pool to attach my hose to with an adapter from the local hardware store pool section. This might work for you.

The tube with the holes in it inside the filter cart is there to support the filter paper. I don't believe it was intended to be used for chlorine pucks, but it might be possible, if you can keep the puck from going out the return line to the pool.

It actually says thats what its for on the pkg its a plastic bicket with holes in it and pkg shows pic and says it made to hold 3" capsule of chorine thought if i can use that with the 2500 gph filter while stil have it maybe might help with my fc and cya

Then yes, you can use pucks to increase your CYA and FC in the filter.

When I opened my pool this year with a fresh fill of water, it took 6 pucks in my skimmer to get my CYA to 30-40ppm. Obviously, yours would take much more. Do look at the ingredients in your pucks, make sure there is NO copper in any form. The most common form is copper sulfate pentahydrate. Not something you want in your pool, unless you like green hair!

Do you have a good test kit yet? If not, do get the TF-100 or K-2006. The only difference in these kits is the amount of reagents.

What do u mean by cheap intex skimmer conne tion inside the pool. What type do u have i have the 22x52 round ultra frame 2500 gph cartridge sys i only see to things in pool inlet and return.

I think since i dont need an auto skimmer and the only problem after two weeks of having it up and no vac is three small spots of sand. Rather then cut my pool for the through the wall liner im thinking of buying a pool blaster catfish or max.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.