Trying to get an Aqualink to speak with the AquaRite

Jun 8, 2013
Cape Cod, MA
Hey... also having the same problem here... trying to get an Aqualink to speak with the AquaRite... had no problems on using the two until I upgraded the power control board to Firmware R. Using the same wiring configuration, I'm not able to get the aqualink to recognize the Chlorine generator. I tried working through the various emulation codes offered on another thread to AL-5 on the Aqua Rite but no luck yet. Any help would be appreciated or the name of the device that connects the two... thanks in advance... I'm new to this forum and am finding it very helpful with a variety of pool related stuff... great work!

Re: Hayward interface with Jandy Aqua Link?

forget it!! I just needed to reboot the power to the panel after switching the emulation to AL-5 and all is as it should be... FINALLY!!! THANKS AGAIN TO THIS FORUM AND POSTERS FOR THE EXCELLENT ADVICE!!!!!

I realize this is an old post but I am having the same issue and hope someone can help. It's an older aqualink board, firmware K.

Wiring is color matching and I'm using AL-5 emulation. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

- Flappy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I am running Rev K on the Aqualink and the OneLink unit confirms this in the diagnostics screen. SWG is a Hayward Goldline AquaRite AQR15. Here are troubleshooting steps taken thus far:
1. Validated cross connect with an ohm meter. Assuming 1-4 pinout should be the same, the wiring is good.
2. Tried each emulation mode, AL0 - AL5 with powerdown after each change.

AquaRite "remotely controlled" LED is lit but I only see the active filter pump and (previously installed) temperature probes on the OneTouch. The AquaRite unit works fine from its own control box when remote control wiring is removed.

Edit: AquaRite revision is 1.59

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!

- Flappy

Update: The error was all mine. I had expected to see the AquaRite show up on the OneTouch status screen automagically and didn't realize it needed to be turned on in system setup first. The hours wasted - Oy vey.
Everything is now working like a champ with AquaRite emulation set to AL-0.

- Flappy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.