LifeTime Supporter
Aug 21, 2009
Keene, Texas
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I installed a liquidator and am using 10% liquid chlorine in it. I have the valve wide open on it and the ball only goes up to maybe 2 or three and the chlorine level will come all the way down to about .5 if I don't have chlorine to the pool. I have looked at pics of others installations and it seems to be installed right. not sure what I can do. The pool is a 24 ft above ground and I have a brand new 1.5 HP Hi Flow Waterway pump. Any suggestions on what I should look for?

AG pools often struggle with the Liquidator because they have little head. You can restrict return flow a little or consider doing the 3/8" upgrade to the Liquidator to improve flow.

I already have the 3/8 upgrade installed. Restricting the return line will help? any suggestion on the best way to do that and how much? Thanks for the help!

I gave my sister my LQ and we have to keep the suction valve partially closed on her pool in order to get enough suction for the LQ to have enough flow to keep the FC up. She has a very short suction line.

Bama Rambler said:
I gave my sister my LQ and we have to keep the suction valve partially closed on her pool in order to get enough suction for the LQ to have enough flow to keep the FC up. She has a very short suction line.

I don't have a valve in my suction, just the one in the line before the gauge with the ball in it. Am I suppose to have a valve (there is a check valve) in the suction side? Maybe I will need to install one in there. Maybe I should have kept the original smaller valves and used that on the suction side instead of the 3/8 upgrade stuff?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. I don't have a valve there. However, I may be able to rig up something else to restrict it somewhat. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.