Sand filter pressure

Hey all, our pool was built in May. For the first few weeks I have back washed on Fridays after vacuuming through the skimmer. During the week I run a Hayward shark once or twice just to get the sand and dirt out. The pressure on the gauge is usually 18 when I backwash then 15 or so when im done. This week when I was done the pressure was at 18. Is this because the filter is new and is now getting some dirt in it or do you think I need to back wash again? I back washed for 2 or 3 minutes. The water turned clear. Then rinsed for 30 seconds. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Ryan

I was going to ask a very similar question this evening. I gradually "add" 1 psi every so often; I started out at 10-11 psi three months ago and now it sits closer to 15 psi. My question was going to be whether or not it was worth taking the multiport valve off of the filter and flush out the top of the filter with a water hose. I've scratched my head, and that's about all that I can come up with that makes sense. I'm sure it's a simple explanation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.