Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I swapp the lines?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I swapp the lines?

Can I swap the inlet and return lines as I psted before water is about an inch off so it barley covers skimmer with kids splashing I have to keep adding water, yesterday alone we rane hose twice. Will it hurt anything if the inlet is low and return is higher?
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

2. Back To Top    #2
    It isn't a good idea to swap the lines. The return doesn't have a basket, as the skimmer does, to strain out the larger debris. So it is fairly easy for the return to get clogged. If the return got clogged by a person it could be very painful.

Is there any reason you can't just raise the water level?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    I can't really raise the water level as the ground is about an inch uneven, it's an intex pool we don't use the pump when the kids are in it. The inlet is almost at the top of the pool, almost to the top rail.
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Can I swapp the lines?

This one got lost in the move...
    It sounds as if your lines are already reversed... the inlet line (from pool to pump) should be the lower of the two.
    The outlet is closest to the top.
    Intex 15'x48", BBB since day three!
    Hot Spring Portable Spa, one of the originals! 350 gallons. Closed for the summer.
    880 gallon Koi pond.
    Irrigation system for 1 acre.
    1 very busy water well!
    Water quality is always important.

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Can I swapp the lines?

When we put the pool back up I got the lines right now the inlet is lower in the water the water is staying nice and clear.
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame