filling pool now, need to know about seating the posts

Jun 8, 2013
Nebraska
I am currently filling the pool..its a 22' x 52" intex. My question is can I put one of those hard plastic plate like things used for moving furniture under the legs? I have pavers, but thats a lot of digging and not sure it would work any better than the discs I'm thinking of trying. They are thin so wouldn't have to dig, and I have a very large tarp the pool is currently sitting on. I have compacted the sand underneath with a machine and watered it a few times..but one half is almost 8 inches of sand and i'm worried it will sink without something under the legs...also, how do I get the small creases out of the bottom of the pool? NEED answers FAST, thanks so much!

From your description, I am not sure you will ever keep that pool level. 8" of sand is an inadequate base and I think will wash out quickly and "push away" from any load. Sand acts too much like a liquid to be a good base. maybe an inch but 8" I don't think will work.

For 8" of fill, I would use a composite like "crusher run" or "fines" or "screenings" which acts much more like a solid and will stay in place.

If you stay with it, I've got my fingers crossed that it will hold up.

well i've built up a box around the sand to help it from shifting and used the compacter for about 3 hours on it in addition to a few waterings to pack the sand. I know it's not ideal but there was not another way to fill it. the frame is built with 2 x 10 treated lumber in an octagon frame with the majority of the sides buried into very hard clay/dirt, then the sand filled the rest. Do I need to put something under each leg to try to disperse the weight? Or are you saying the pool will not stay up due to the sand base even though it's boxed in?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.