Received my TF-100 kit and these are the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may have your FC and CC mixed up.

The one thing that sticks out to me unless that is an extra 0 in the CH level is that needs to come down right away.

So lets make sure all your results above are correct especially in reference to CH, TA, CC, FC.

The water is a blue cloudy color. It was cleared up after algae, clearer than had ever been but there were many leaves in the bottom. Cleaned leaves out and clouded up a blue color instead of green and have been trying to get it cleared. Have used the shock method several times and no results. Can't even see to the bottom of the shallow end of the pool

Merc Sof said:
The water is a blue cloudy color. It was cleared up after algae, clearer than had ever been but there were many leaves in the bottom. Cleaned leaves out and clouded up a blue color instead of green and have been trying to get it cleared. Have used the shock method several times and no results. Can't even see to the bottom of the shallow end of the pool
You almost used the shock method. Without the FAS-DPD test kit, you probably weren't able to do an accurate overnight loss test or measure the CC level, and you stopped when only one of the three criteria were met. The algae is regrouping for a counterattack, hence cloudy.

Merc Sof said:
Why does my everyday chlorine tests show high chlorine but the drop test shows low?
What's an everyday chlorine test? Strips? Your old tester? Your new OTO test?

For this process, all you want to use is the FAS-DPD test. The powder. Use a 10 ml sample and track FC as 1.0 or 1.5 or 2.0 -using the decimal point - so people know it's from that test and not someone eyeballing shades of color. Also do the CC test.

If FC is really high, the pH test will go weird. That's why we say set the pH at the beginning and forget it. accurate-ph-test-during-shock-levels-with-r-007-t61076.html

If that 1 FC reading is accurate, then you're not following the shock process.

The everyday test is the blue kit K-1000 that comes with the TF-100. Before the TF-100 I used test strips because that is all I had. I shocked the pool using the bleach method I calculated from the volume of my pool and the cloudy blue color in my pool. I added over 20 bottles of 128 oz bleach in a few days and showed no real improvements.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.