Intex Sand Filter Backwash / Drain Connection

Jul 20, 2009
S. California
After doing a lot of searching here on the site I was still unable to find a simple solution to hooking up a standard backwash hose to my Intex sand filter.

No offense to anyone who has offered some of the solutions, but they we just not to my liking.

That said, I discovered that Intex sells a # 10849 adaptor for only $3.59 that will allow you to make a super clean FACTORY connection to the drain port of your Intex sand filter.

It looks like this:
[attachment=0:64ay1it5]image.jpg[/attachment:64ay1it5]

A standard 1.5" roll-up backwash hose will then attach perfectly with a hose clamp. I then had my hose cut to the exact length needed to reach a nearby garden drain.

The result is a backwash hose that seems like it came right from Intex with a factory screw on connector.

Try it, you'll like it !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 488
My local pool place had another adapter that fits several hose types, including a standard vacuum hose. It was about the same price as yours.

5esu8e4y.jpg
dema5ama.jpg

Sorry, I don't have the part number. I bought it at the local Leslie Pool supply but it doesn't seem to be on their website.

I use my vacuum hose when I backflush. No clamp, just a pressure fit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.