Control UltraTemp from EasyTouch??

jhav

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2011
We have owned our pool for just over a year - we have a Pentair EasyTouch and UltraTemp heater. The installer originally configured the heat pump to be controlled directly from its front panel - not from the EasyTouch. This was not really a problem for us... until today...

Somehow, the UltraTemp 'thinks' the water temperature is 105 degress --- it is really only 75 degrees. As a result of this, it will not kick on. Pentair Customer Support for this issue is closed today, and I am trying to figure out a way to override the UltraTemp so that the heat pump will kick on.

The EasyTouch sensors are working fine and are displaying the proper temperatures for both the pool water and the heat pump setting -- is there a way to force the UltraTemp to listen to the EasyTouch and force it to kick on? Alternatively, is there some override setting that I can toggle directly on the UltraTemp in order to have it run (even though it thinks the water temperature is 105?)
Also, we have a ScreenLogic2 system --- but it was bricked during the recent update and needs to be physically replaced. So any setting adjustments that I would make need to be done directly from the UltraTemp and/or EasyTouch control panels.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS --- We only have a 'pool', not a spa.

Related to my earlier post -- why is my UltraTemp is reading the actual water temperature at 105 degrees while the EasyTouch is reading it at 78? What would cause this error and how can I correct/fix it?

While I'm not familiar with your heater, I did just install an Easy Touch 4 that "talks" to my Pentair Minimax 400 heater.

What Pentair tech had me do is to connect my Easy Touch (back of panelboard) from the J19 Gas/Heater terminal with two wire that runs to my heater. At the heater circuit board I connected those two wires to the "Pool" and "Com" terminals. I then leave the Minimax set to Pool and thermostat turned all the way up. The Easy Touch then sends a signal to the heater when it needs heat or turn off heat based on the water temp sensor reading and your temp setting on the Easy Touch. I verified that it works without any issues.

I do have some pics of the circuit board of my heater that I can post, but again, not sure what your heater has or if it's similar.

EDIT: I found a manual here- http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/474099.F.ENGLISH.pdf
From page 10 through about 15 addresses the circuit.

Also look at page 40 of the Easy Touch manual- http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/easytouch8and4UG.pdf
Maybe the heat pump got turned off in that circuit?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.