Jun 8, 2013
Hey guys this is my first post.
After years of pool neglect on my part and bad pool advise from the "pool store" I decided to take things in my own hands and tame the beast. I did a complete drain and refill because I wanted to start out fresh and didn't want a chemical cocktail anymore.
I then stumbled upon this forum and read Pool School, bought a Taylor test kit, stopped going to the pool store and I have been rewarded with a crystal clear pool the last couple of months! THANKS to everyone on this site!

The question I have is I feel like I am using too much MA. I need to add 16oz every 2 -3 days to maintain a PH below 7.8
Is this the norm, I understand everyones pool is a little different. I have no extra aeration like water falls fountains etc.
Here are my stats:
PH 7.8
FC 2.0
TC 0.0
ALK 100
CH 200 (a little low?)
CYA 30-40

Yea I suppose it could be possible I have a leak, have the pool about 7 years and I haven't noticed an increase in water loss, just thought evaporation. I live in Concord CA where its really hot in the summer averaging 90 deg and of course warm and sometimes hot spring months. My pool cover just arrived so hopefully that will cut down evaporation. Thanks for all the input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.