I want TOTAL Control.....

DMAN11

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA area
Guys,

I have been reading about these automation control setups on some of the posts here that I can use to control the pump, cleaner, light, water feature,,,,,etc....

Can anyone shed a little light on this for me and possibly give me some names to research further?? Give me a few recommendations if you guys have these please....

This sounds like something I would definitely like to incorporate (if possible with my equipment) into our setup. How cool would it be to sit up on our patio and switch the lights on or off, or different colors by remote....Now THAT would be nice....

Thanks,,,,,

DMAN

Jandy Aqualink RS-8

Hayward Aqualogic PS-8

Pentair EasyTouch

These are the main three I have researched. I'm probably going to get the pool up and running the first season with just the Intelliflo VF and PoolPilot SWCG, but am looking seriously at the Hayward aqualogic PS-8 for next year when the finances recover. The Jandy looks good, but for what I need, I think the Aqualogic suits my needs better.

Jim

We have the Pentair ET8 and while I thought it was going to take forever to figure it out, it's really quite simple. Aside from the colored lights being a bit tricky still, I love it. Our last pool had a remote but nowhere near this caliber.

It reads pool/spa temp, and air temp. We can control our spa jets, air blower, spa spillway, water feature, water feature lights, pool/spa lights, firepots, and floor cleaners. Set schedules, control heating. I highly recommend it. Finally, one remote I have control over DH with! :lol:

Thanks vegasmom,,, I think you've made it clear that this is NOT the control for me. Because if there is a remote control around, I have to have control of it (ugh, ugh, ugh).....hehe j/k of course...

It sounds like it does everything you want it to and then some. I will have to check it out. Let me ask though, if we have different name brand equipment, is there a little more of a catch for them to work together? Or would it be pretty much a seemless transition from one brand to the other??

I have been following your build since I've been around and your pool looks awesome. That is one nice setup you have, and I am glad to hear it is done (or is it ever really done?)... and I hope you guys enjoy it, given all the(as you put it) **** you had to go through...hehe. I really like the fire bowls up on the wall, that is kinda what we had in mind to try but on a much smaller scale of course. We love the idea of the fire and water elements together. So I might be getting in touch with you to get some info on those bowls if you don't mind.... Also, I wanted to say that I hope everything is good with the hubby.

Thanks Again,,,,,,,

DMAN

If you have an IntelliFlo pump there is a big advantage to pairing it with a Pentair automation system. Also it is simpler if the valve actuators match the automation system. Other than those two exceptions you can mix and match brands and everything will work.

DMAN11 said:
Thanks vegasmom,,, I think you've made it clear that this is NOT the control for me. Because if there is a remote control around, I have to have control of it (ugh, ugh, ugh).....hehe j/k of course...

Haha, eventually I'll show him how to use it. Right now, It's mine! *evil laugh*

DMAN11 said:
I have been following your build since I've been around and your pool looks awesome. That is one nice setup you have, and I am glad to hear it is done (or is it ever really done?)... and I hope you guys enjoy it, given all the(as you put it) **** you had to go through...hehe. I really like the fire bowls up on the wall, that is kinda what we had in mind to try but on a much smaller scale of course. We love the idea of the fire and water elements together. So I might be getting in touch with you to get some info on those bowls if you don't mind.... Also, I wanted to say that I hope everything is good with the hubby.

Thanks Again,,,,,,,

DMAN

Thank you very much! It's kind of done. Landscaper fell behind schedule so we're still waiting for him to finish. Firepots should be done today but the main problem is the waterfall right now. It's supposed to fall like rain but it's going in different directions, mainly, backwards into the niches. Don't know how they're going to fix it. PB is kind of scratching his head right now.

The fire bowls are actually concrete planters. PB gets them from Phoenix Precast http://www.phoenixprecastproducts.com/
Ours are the low profile wok series. Because of the height of the fire ring, PB cut down into the bowls and the wall cap so the height would not exceed the rim.

Hubby's going through the revolving door of the hospital...hernia surgery is next. :?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.