Decided to clean my cartridge filter today

ethany said:
Why would you wait so long to clean them? Just curious.

Well the filter is way over sized for the pool I believe. I went from a DE 360 square feet to a 525 square feet cartridge filter.

The main reason was the return flow had not diminished hardly at all from brand new. Also the pressure gauge had started at around 5 and when I cleaned yesterday was almost halfway between 5-10. So it was around 8 which is hardly the pressure moving at all.

Edit: Let me correct myself. Each notch on my gauge is 2. So brand new it starts on the 2nd notch which would be 4 and when I cleaned it yesterday it was right on the 3rd notch. So it went from 4 to 6 in a year.

The main reason was the return flow had not diminished hardly at all from brand new. Also the pressure gauge had started at around 5 and when I cleaned yesterday was almost halfway between 5-10. So it was around 8 which is hardly the pressure moving at all.
That's good logic and good pool water management. Enjoying the benefits of a giant filter is very nice.....good work! :goodjob:

duraleigh said:
That's good logic and good pool water management. Enjoying the benefits of a giant filter is very nice.....good work! :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words. I had to actually correct myself in my post about the numbers. I actually went from 4-6. I had not really payed attention to had many notches and such until just now. So after cleaning it dropped back down to a clean state pressure with just a very, very slight rise since I am sure I did not get it fully clean due to just using the hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.