CompuPool Salt Water Chlorine Generator Cell on sale at woot

That particular model appears to be rated for up to 30K gallons. Similar systems typically go for $800 to $900.

Compu-Pool has no US presence that I can find. It may be tricky to get warranty support and replacement cells in the US.

The one positive about this is I know Woot is a good company, they're based in the N. Dallas area...but I'd be really uneasy about buying something where I couldn't go back down the street to the store if I had a problem...

Mine is a Compupool CPSC 24. Introduced by a couple of friends and pool maintenance guy in Australia. They said it's the most reliable one around at that time (late last year). Ran mine for four months before I switched it off to use Cal-Hypo (to get my CH up). No problem so far. Only set back, no salt level reading. System run on 3500 - 4000 ppm salt. Low salt indicator at 2500 ppm and high salt at 5500 ppm.

Well, nobody answered and it was so cheap, I took a chance. The unit is actually very nice. Good construction, not cheap like I expected, and well thought out. Lacks a couple of features the top brands have, like salt content readout, and the ability to operate as a timer for your pump, but if you just want a salt chlorinator, it's a VERY nice unit. I have had an AquaRite before, and this unit is as nice or nicer. Plus, I think it puts out a lot more chlorine than my AquaRite did.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
str8down said:
Lacks a couple of features the top brands have, like salt content readout, and the ability to operate as a timer for your pump...

In the PDF manual(linked in this thread) it says you can set the pump to run two different cycles. Wouldn't that mean that it has the ability to be a timer for the pump?

Adam

Yes. And I was under the impression that it did that too. But notice there are no instructions on how to hook it up. So I called the company, and they said only their aboveground units have that feature. Why? I have no idea.

I asked a guy at NSF and he was non-specific except to say that:

NSF 50 does require the electrolytic chlorinators to have an automatic
shut off mechanism for shutting off the electric power to the
electrolytic cell if there is a loss of electric power to the
recirculation pump or if there is interruption of water flow through the
electrolytic cell.

Notice it says power OR water flow, so for cells like Goldline and Jandy use that require separate flow switch installations (which can't be installed on standard AG filter hoses), the pump shut off is more practical for the manufacturer. It ensures that the cell gets power only if the pump has power, thus negating the 'need' for a flow switch. They also require (in my experience) that these units be mounted vertically so that in the event of a loss of water flow the gas can escape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.