6 month old Bullfrog - do I need ahhsome?

May 15, 2021
Kirkwood
I got a new Bullfrog X7L back in October. I did not use any product like ahhsome. And my first fill my chemicals were all over the place. According to the pool supply store, my phosphates were incredibly high (3000s). I eventually drained and tried again. Phosphates keep creeping up. I've only ever used dichlor, but I plan on switching to the dichlor and bleach method popular on here. But, I want to know if I should try ahhsome. Could the new Bullfrog have residue contributing to my high phosphate levels?

Just did an ahhsome flush. There wasn't a TON of gunk that came out, but there was SOME. Mostly green foam and some green residue (see photos). Now I'm in the process of balancing chemicals according to the dichlor/bleach sticky and poolmath.

One question: poolmath says to add dichlor by WEIGHT, I don't want to fuss with a scale, how close is dichlor by volume to dichlor by weight?
E16E6D71-3923-422B-8EFE-52E1A71B83A3.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.