Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Divnkd101 Pool Build

1. Back To Top    #1

Divnkd101 Pool Build

I would like to share my build with everyone. I truly have had a wonderful experience building my first pool. The Pool Builder (Monterey Bay Pools- Pearland, TX.) did an outstanding job. My family and I could not be happier. Here is a link to the album I created during the build process:

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...101/?start=all

My pool build took a total of 29 days from start to finish. Granted, it was towards the end of the busy season (Sept. 2006) but I was pleased with how professional the contractors operated and paid attention to detail. I made the choice to wait until Spring to finish the landscaping. I will post a final picture shortly. I hope you enjoy the pics. 8)
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

2. Back To Top    #2

Wonderful Job and beautiful pool - Congradulations

I love the pool congradulations. Also, I was so glad to see the video on how the digital lights really work. It looks like you placed your pool light in the center and it's doing a great job . . . am I correct?

My pool goes in next week and I am also ready to jump in. . . oh my!
    6500 gal. Fiberglass HydroPool w/SWG = 9' x 18' x 6';

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Wonderful Job and beautiful pool - Congradulations

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn_Girl
    I love the pool congradulations. Also, I was so glad to see the video on how the digital lights really work. It looks like you placed your pool light in the center and it's doing a great job . . . am I correct?

My pool goes in next week and I am also ready to jump in. . . oh my!
    I actually have 2 lights in the pool and one in the spa. I set them up in the pool as to where I could not see them when lounging by the pool in the evening. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Good luck on your build and post some pics when you can.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

4. Back To Top    #4

The pool looks great!! We chose the same lights and very similar tile. What type of SWG do you have?
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by maxsrents
    The pool looks great!! We chose the same lights and very similar tile. What type of SWG do you have?
    Jandy AquaPure 1400. I just noticed that I never posted a final shot of the pool. Well, here it is. A few potted plants around the surround are the only things left.

I can't forget my best friend....
    MIKE

6. Back To Top    #6

Beautiful pool!!! Congratulations!!

Although I love the pool I have now...it's really a "kids" pool....rectangular, vinyl, no bells & whistles. Once the kids are out of the house and it's just me and DH, I would love to build a pool like yours. I just love the "clean" look of it...
    18 X 40 IG Vinyl
    Pentair DE filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mini-Max Heater

7. Back To Top    #7

Hey MaryLee, I have an aunt with the same name, are we related? LOL

I have a similiar setup to you, 16x34 IG vinyl with a pentair 300 minimax, but I have the pentair SD80, 1.5 hp superflo and a intellichlor 20

8. Back To Top    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryLee
    Beautiful pool!!! Congratulations!!
    MaryLee, thanks so much for the kind words. There were a lot of changes made on the design including adding 2 extra feet to the length. My wife and I could not be happier. My entire family and a lot of friends can't wait until it warms up. Bring on summer !!!!! :thumbs up:
    MIKE