Why do I need a separate Control Center

Mar 12, 2013
Hey, everyone! I think this is my first post here at TFP, but I've been lurking for quite some time, even before I registered.

I'm not a pool rookie, but I'm a pool automation rookie. I have a 10K gal AGP.

What I want to do is add a Jandy 125K heater this year, SWG NEXT YEAR, and automation this year.

For the automation, it appears that this is what I need:
1. Jandy RS-P4 AquaLink RS OneTouch
2. Jandy 6613AP PureLink Standard Power Center
3. Jandy 6891 AquaLink RS All Button wired panel

Here's my question:
Why in the heck do I need #3? Aren't the controls on #1? I feel like I'm being forced to buy a $350 part that I don't want. My pool is convenient. I don't mind walking to the OneTouch to change settings/turn things on/off.

None of the pictures of the RS-P4 online are great, so it is difficult to read what is actually done there.

Do I really need the wired panel?

Larry

Do you have an iPhone or Android phone? If so I recommend the iAqualink. I got this for my AGP and love it! See me signature for some details. They are also discounting this as a kit, and it can be found online for about $600 for everything you need for a single heater system.

Dino

Just saw you want to add a SWG. If that's the case, you'll need a Purelink Power Center like you said. I still think the iAqualink is the way to go and fully supports this.

As far as your question on needing All Button panel, the answer is you don't need it. The One Touch is basically a fancier version, and you only need one control panel. Again, if you go iAqualink then you can skip the Jandy controllers all together.

Good luck.

Yes, I have Android, and love it! (I can control my indoor thermostat with it!)

In the time that I posed the question earlier, I discovered the iAqualink. It appears I may not need the separate wired wall-mount controller, correct? I assume I still need the PureLink Power Center? This is all very confusing!

Once I figure out what equipment I need to purchase, I am confident that I can install it myself; the hard part is choosing.

Larry

So.....If I understand everyone's replies correctly, I really don't need #3. What I need for heater/pump and (future) SWG, I need:

OR

3. Jandy iAquaLink Kit (http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Jandy-IQ ... /IQ900.htm)

In other words, only 1 and 2 are required, and #3 is a good option.

Am I correct? Thanks for the help!

Larry

I personally don't see the need for a hard wired controller. All the smarts and memory for controlling the pool are stored in the PCB in the PowerCenter. So there is no chance that an intermittent wireless connection would prevent the pump for coming on at the right time of day, or the heater not firing up properly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.