Andrea got to my liner

G

After changing over to salt this spring and getting the pool in tip top condition - here comes Andrea 5+ inches of rain in a day and groundwater behind my liner.

I've got the pool company stopping out to see what can be done. Yesterday - I had bulging sides - today the liner has been completely pulled out of the rail leaving a gap in one spot that's wide enough to see the water.

Looks like I'm off to see what the local Walmart, Home Depot or Tractor supply has in the way of utility pumps - or see what I can accomplish with the wet/dry vac....

I haven't even taken a swim yet this year. Starting to think that 30 yards of fill is what I need.... lol.

Richard320 said:
Don't fix it up too good until after the claims adjuster has a look and gets his pictures!

LOL! I had the same thought but I doubt it's gonna cost more than my homeowner deductible. Just bought a little drill pump. I'm hoping to drop a hose in there and pull most of the water out. Only the sides are affected - the bottom is still solid. I doubt it's more then 30 - 50 gallons total.

Heck of a way to find out that my pool's got a galvanized frame under the liner.

Already spoke to the pool company, and they're pretty sure they can get it back in shape pretty easily. Hope I can stay home to see how they do it.

Attachments

• andrea_pool.jpg
    andrea_pool.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 88
bigfunky said:
Those little drill pumps probably won't do it, you're better off with a transfer pump like a Rigid TP-500K

Yup. The drill pump was pretty lame, but it got the process going and after about 10 minutes, I shut down the drill. The outlet hose was low enough that I got a good siphon going. After 5 or 6 hours, most all the water is gone, but I've got a few tight wrinkles.

I'm still gonna have the pool company stop out this week to reset the liner into the rail, and see if they can smooth it out a little. Otherwise - I can live with a couple wrinkles for this season.

After looking around the pool - I'm thinking the water problem was the result of the concrete spacers. They've deteriorated some and don't look like they're creating a seal. The worst bulges were right next to the spacers and no water ever came up under the floor of the pool. Next project......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.