Salt water tests for the SWG

Jun 4, 2013
Hi there, I have been reading about the strips, the drop tests and the electric systems. What salt level tests do you guys use and what has worked out best for you. I dont mind the cost as long as its acurate and easy to use. Thanks a ton

Hi we have an Aqua-Trol SWG on our pool. Are you all recommending that we also test the water separately even if the Aqua-Trol give and electronic reading on the diagnostic box? Thanks.

Yes. Our aquatrol shows 3200 but the drop test result is 3000.so there is a marginal difference between the two minutes the end it only matters what the generator thinks it actually is. As long as it's reading and your reading are close than you shouldn't have any issues.

Aqua Trol display says 1900, pool store test (I know) says 2300. Doesn't really matter. If the AT says 1900 it will not generate. The testing number is close as I can tell by the tase of the water. My question is how does the AT unit compute the salt level? Is there a sensor in the generator or flow switch that determines the salt level displayed? Will a cell that is going bad give an inaccurate reading? Might be looking at a new cell if this one won't clean up, it looks to be OK but I will clean it again. In the meantime the pool is starting to turn greenish, so let the bleaching begin until I can get an accurate reading on my salt level displayed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.