POOL DECK CRACK AND LIFTING

Is there a DIY repair that I can make to this crack? I'm not losing water, yet but this crack is getting worse with each passing year. I plan to redo my entire pool one day but just can't afford to do it now. I'd like to seal this as a temporary fix. Any suggestions? Thank you!

photo.jpg

Welcome to TFP, I'm not a builder or repairer, just DIY guy. Do you know if your decking was a part of the pool (structural) if so then I haven't a clue. If not and since your not losing water then it may be possible to simply cut a wedge where the crack is, repack the base underneath and refill with concrete. The sides of the old concrete where they meet the patch would need to be cleaned and have a bonding agent applied to help with adhesion at the joints.
My greatest concern would be why is it sinking/lifting and trying to fix that when you patch it.
The nice part about where your crack is- next to a joint already! Possibly remove all concrete from that joint over to a straight line 6-8 inches beyond the current crack edge. It would like they added an extra expansion joint.
Depending on concrete thickness I would also drill laterally into the old concrete and pin it so it doesn't shift.

How big is the slab? Another wider angle picture would be good. It almost looks like the far side of the slab settled and it cracked and lifted from the pool. They may be able to raise the outside edge and close the gap also? If it does not have rebar in it I would not try it though. Since the whole slab moved, I am guessing it does have rebar in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.