Possibly too much muriatic acid

SuZQ

Jun 7, 2013
Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum and new to pools. I just moved into a property with a 32' X 20' and 4' shallow and 9' deep... I have been trying to balance my pool levels after filling with freshwater a week or so ago. I have been going to Leslies Pools that is directly behind me and getting the water tested and buying chemicals, etc...have not had time to sit down and learn what I should before doing so.. I am trying to get ready for this crazy hot weekend...then, unpack, then study up. SOOOOO Please be PATIENT with me!! *;)

MY major question right now is, I was suppose to pour 1 quart of Muriatic acid into the pool and when I was pouring I dropped the jug and hit the side of the pool then I picked back up and it had poured out ...some into pool and some on the concrete around the pool...anyway..it was a 1 Gallon container and I only needed 1 Quart...not too sure how much of the gallon went in, but I am worried now :( -

I am suppose to use conditioner in 4 hours and dont know if I should now...or what to do!! - :shock:

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

In the short term you should run the pump and test your pH, then raise the pH back up if needed. And be rinse the acid off of the deck.

In the less short term, you should get yourself one of the Recommended Test Kits and be reading in Pool School ... a lot ... to understand the chemistry and stop trusting the money making advice the pool store is providing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.