replace rocks on beam with a wall

Jun 7, 2013
Brentwood
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a pool that was built about four years ago. It is a salt water pool. About 1/3 of the way around there are rocks that were installed on the beam. Well the rocks are rumbling into the pool. I have heard it is because of the salt, the type of rocks, the water chemistry, and so on. At this point I just want to replace them. The rock particles in the pool are out of control and I don't want to deal with it anymore. What I would like to do it remove the rock. Many of them I can just pull off due to the erosion. I would like to build a cinder block wall about 10 inches high to replace the rocks. Then I will place the matching tile on the wall. I have estimates from 3K to 6K, but I have the time and energy to do it myself.

Is this something that will be easy to do? I generally try to do things like this myself, but I have never built a cinder block wall before.

I welcome any comments or replies.

Is this something that will be easy to do?
My dad used to say, " Easy to do is easy to say."

So, it all depends on your patience and willingness to work hard. Gal you mentioned you had the energy because tackling ANY masonry project is VERY labor intensive.

If you are a DIY type, you know how important it is to prep the job and to keep things ABSOLUTELY straight and level as you go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.