Relocating Return Fitting

rebl68

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
Looking for some guidance on an issue I'm having.

Our above ground is set up as such:

Wedding Cake Steps - 2 ft to the right is the skimmer - and another foot to the right of that is the return fitting. The return is in the middle of the skimmer opening.

I don't like having the return spit out above the water line if it drops, it also rotates to the right, so its tough for the skimmer to pick much up after its passed by the steps.

I've planned on moving the return about 20 ft around to the left and reverse the flow so the water would makes its way to the skimmer before the steps.

Now: our liner is 2 years old and in great shape. Knowing I need to cut a hole for the return fitting, I think I I can get away with pulling a few top plates and coping strips to remove the liner and be able to cut a whole. I have to be careful to collect all metal chips that fall in between the liner and wall.

Here's my question though: I have a new Hayward SP1408 return that's been sitting around. it is the through fitting and integral rubber gasket, with a faceplate that screws through the liner. I've seen other fittings that have a few gaskets included, any idea which is the right one to use?

Thanks!

6-7-2013+3-11-48+PM.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.