what test kit should I buy

chevytruck1214 said:
hello fellow pool owners. I am new to this and looking forward to getting advice. I recently purchased a 18 foot round above ground pool. What is the best and most reliable test kit out on the market today

I use the Talyor K2005, easy to use. Seems accurate as compared to what my pool shop results are. They use Taylor regents as well, although I didn't buy it from them and they mark up the regents brutally .... so I buy direct, when replenishing.

Maybe, choose your kit based on ease/cost of regent replacement ??? The TF100 uses Taylor regents so I expect both are equally accurate. Avoid the cheap sets from walmart, small shops, etc .... they may have been on the shelf for 5 years and be useless anyway.

KC

The key to a good test kit is the FAS-DPD chlorine test ... it is more accurate and will read much higher levels of both FC and CC.
FYI, The K-2005 is lacking this test and thus the reason we recommend the K-2006 or the TF-100.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.