changing cartridge

help change filter cartridege

Please do not double post. Thanks, jblizzle

My hubby god love him through out instructions i need to change my b cartridge for the 2500 sys that came with 22x52 uf intex...firdt time doing it please walk me through it...ill boop him on head when he gets home

Re: help change filter cartridege

barbaradomanski said:
Please do not double post. Thanks, jblizzle

My hubby god love him through out instructions i need to change my b cartridge for the 2500 sys that came with 22x52 uf intex...firdt time doing it please walk me through it...ill boop him on head when he gets home

Real easy.

Turn off the pump if it is on.

Unplug the pump.

Close the two valves on the side of your pool.

At the bottom of the filter canister there is a knob. Unscrew it.

At the top is another knob. Unscrew it too.

Let the water drain out of the canister.

Unscrew and remove the gray ring from the top of the canister.

Gently pull up on the lid the ring was holding down.

Remove the dirty filter.

Briefly open then close the return valve, to flush the rest of the gunk from the canister.

Install new (or cleaned) filter into the canister.

Replace the lid, making sure it is seated.

Replace gray ring.

Screw in the bottom knob.

Open the suction valve.

When water comes out of the top knob, screw it in.

Open the return valve.

Plug the pump in.

Turn pump on.

Ok i think i did it all right except for draining water from where cartridge sits. Didnt know...anyway i replaced with an intex size b replacement but it sat a bit higher then the one thatc came with the pool. Has anyone noticed that? I got it alk sealed up and ran it ts seems to have run ok..if it wasnt seated right what signs would the filter give me..my pentaire goes in on tues so just replaced but going to keep the systemas a back up since we r using year round. I soaked the other in dish soap and hot water used spray nozzel and got it pretty clean..sand is my problem az is a dust bowl...i posted q about my auto vac think u could taje a look at that post in abgp board called question about auto vac zodiac ranger i would appreciate any input

Im sorry for dbl post was accidental my internet stinks and it told me connection prob when i hit submit i waited 18 hrs but never saw original post so i resent with expl..y i needed help wuth something so simple i have no instructions and with bad internet all my attempts to download the manual from intex site failed. Apologies..wouldnt want to offend anyone here i couldnt have done this without This site and plan to be a paying Member so u Guys can keep helping people like me who need it again my apologies

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.